Saturday, October 12, 2013

Wow... The Most Happy Reader was selected as the featured blogger by examiner.com...

10 questions with historical fiction blogger: Shannon Leigh

See also

October 10, 2013

Courtesy of Shannon Leigh
The world of historical fiction features great authors and great bloggers and book reviewers who help promote the wonderful novels written by these fantastic historical fiction writers. These bloggers and reviewers have a passion for historical fiction and are proud to promote the works they read and enjoy. Shannon Leigh from The Most Happy Reader and marketing chair of the 2015 Historical Novel Society Conference answers 10 questions about the genre she so loves.
1. What was the first historical fiction novel you ever read?
Margaret George, "The Autobiography of Henry VIII with Notes by His Fool Will Somers"
2. What are your favorite historical fiction novels?
I love "The Crown and The Chalice" by Nancy Bilyeau. Kate Emerson's series "The Secrets of the Tudor Court" is excellent also. I am also a fan of Jean Plaidy, Carolly Erickson, C. J. Sansom, Alison Weir and Sandra Byrd.
3. Who are some historical fiction authors you have interviewed or worked with?
I have been honored to work with Nancy Bilyeau and Sarah Morris, who was the person who convinced me I should begin my blog, though that fact is completely unknown to her.
4. If you could go back in time and be any figure from history, who would it be?
It would have to be Elizabeth Tudor.
5. What year in history would you have liked to live in?
1509 (but only if I was a person of means; but I think that would hold true for most time periods).
6. You're having a dinner party and you can invite 5 people from history, who would they be?
Eleanor of Aquitaine, Henry VII, Elizabeth I, Jacquetta Woodville, Cosmo deMedici
7. What castle from the past or present would you like to live in?
Sudeley Castle, it is absolute magic, but couldn't resist Hever either for the Boleyn connection alone. Though truly aside from the beautiful gardens I could do without the Astor editions.
8. Which of the six wives of King Henry VIII is your favorite?
Anne Boleyn, by a long shot.
9. Do you read traditional books or use an E-Reader?
I FAR prefer traditional books but will read eBooks, if I have to.
10. Tea or coffee when reading and reviewing books?
Coffee in the US and tea when I am fortunate enough to be in England.
Visit:  http://themosthappyreader.blogspot.com/

A heartfelt thank you to both Kayla Posney and examiner.com for featuring my blog, but also for recognizing and calling recognition to book bloggers everywhere.

Be sure to check out the daily Blogger Profiles on:

2 comments:

  1. Nice answers.

    I like Anne Boleyn the best too and then Katherine Parr.

    I like the 1500's through the 1800's and like you would definitely want to be among the wealthy. :)

    Have a great week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elizabeth... for your comments and stopping by the blog. I am now your follower via GFC and Bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...